Monday, June 6, 2011

"Name That Tune," Matthew Brisbin

I'm a Secret Agent Man.
Not a Rocket Man,
or a Piano Man,
but a Secret Agent Man,
and I've been Shot Through the Heart with
love's arrow by a Beauty School Drop out.
Her name was Lola and I said to her One Fine Day,
"With Every Step You Take, it's getting Harder to Breathe."
She looked like a Centerfold walking down Electric
Avenue.
and as she walked she was Singing in the Rain, that
Sunday Morning.
She said, "It's More than a Feeling you get from this
Sentimental Mood.
Because It's Summertime and you're my One and Only
Love."

There's Something Sexy about the Rain
falling over the One I Love. But it's so hard
to Steal My Kisses, while she's French Kissing Life
Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
It's that Typical Situation when I'm Hanging by a Moment
and she's Never There to Build Me Up Buttercup.
"There's No One Like You. Won't you just Stay with me?"
"Is this Love?" she asked,
"I'm just too Easy to Love and I Don't Get Around Much
Anymore."
With that, she left to go Somewhere Beyond the Sea in a
Yellow Submarine.
And Here I Go Again On My Own down life's Yellow
Brick Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment